Wednesday, August 31, 2011

"Dead Poets Society": Jacques Naude, Miles Garber, Bobby Nicholas, Sam Whitman, and Heather Marks for GQ Russia September 2011 Editorial by Yu Tsai.

I loved the movie "Dead Poets Society" in which Robin Williams starred, I have watched it like ten times plus. Now GQ Russia is doing a Fashion Editorial in which they shoot a kind of rendition of the movie and I really love what they have done for their September Issue. I love how they incorporate 'Bookworm-ism' into this editorial in a tone that is quite subtle. The models look like they are from the School of Romanticism when William Wordsworth's "Preface to the Lyrical Ballads" had spent its forces. I really appreciate Editorials like this one that tells not only the Fashion story, but also create a concrete illusion in the conceiver's eyes and mind.










No comments:

Post a Comment

SHARE

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Pages

Popular Posts